Many websites store in the browser storage (Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome and others) on your computer or telephone user account, by which you connect with the network, so called cookie files. Cookie files are usually very useful. Thanks to them your individual settings are saved and you can log in for example to your e-mail. In addition, the authors of web pages can track how many users visit them, what they find interesting, and what they do not read. Information collected through cookies may also be used to collect information for marketing purposes. For example, if you often visit pages about books, you will see more ads for bookstores.
Cookies are not used to identify users and their personal identities.
The operator of the defline.pl website is the entity which places cookie files on the user's end device and obtains access to them.
Cookie files are used for the following purposes:
- adjusting the content of websites to the user's preferences and optimizing the use of websites; in particular, these files allow for the identification of the user's device and correct display of the web page adapted to their individual needs;
- generating statistics helping to understand how users use the web pages, which enables the improvement of their structure and content.
The website uses two types of cookie files: session cookie and persistent cookies. Session cookies are temporary files stored on your device until you log out, leave the website or close the browser. Persistent cookies are stored on your device for a time set in the cookie file parameters or until they are deleted manually.
The site uses the following types of cookies:
- the performance cookie files used to collect information about the use of the website;
- the functional cookie files used for storing the user's settings and for customization of the interface; e.g. for the selected language or region, the website view, etc.;
- the advertising cookie files which help to provide the advertising content targeted to the users.
If you believe that the presence of cookie files violates your privacy, you can always block cookies for a single site or for all websites. For more information on managing cookies, please see the Help section of your browser.
Please note that limited use of cookie files may influence some functionalities regarding the access to the website.